Many benefits for the health of the body can be obtained when consuming ginger and lemon water, especially with regard to weight loss. In this post, we will mention how to prepare and use the recipe, in addition to some things that may make them suitable for losing weight when consumed within a healthy and calorie-limited diet.
Benefits of lemon water for weight loss
Some preliminary studies suggest that lemon peel content of secondary plant materials may increase fatty acid oxidation and reduce obesity, such as a study conducted on mice and published in the Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition in 2008, during which mice have given polyphenols extracts from lemon peel, and inhibition of the accumulation of fat in these mice.
On the other hand, Its consumption may have the effect indicated by some studies that drinking lemon drink with a calorie-restricted meal may enhance the feeling of satiety and fullness, which may contribute to reducing the calories consumed, which can help to lose weight, but this was observed in older people who suffer from obesity, and this effect may be due to lemon due to the lower amounts of calories that participants consumed from foods, as stated by a study published in 2008 in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association.
Nutritional value of lemon:
The following table shows the nutritional value of 100 grams of fresh lemon, without peels:
|Vitamin C||5 mg|
|Vitamin B1||0.025 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.034 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.75 mg|
|Vitamin A||0.1 mcg|
|Vitamin E||0.26 mg|
Benefits of ginger water for weight loss
Ginger contains active substances called gingerols and shogaols. They are substances that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties; It leads to getting rid of the negative effects caused by obesity, and some studies have indicated that drinking ginger detox has an effective role in losing weight, as it helps reduce appetite and improve digestion.
Other studies have indicated that it contributes to regulating blood sugar levels; Which causes losing weight, so the use of ginger is a good option along with exercise and a diet to lose weight. Ginger can be used in many recipes and forms. It can also be used with some other ingredients as follows.
Nutritional value of ginger:
The following table shows the nutritional value of 100 grams of fresh ginger root:
|Vitamin C||53 mg|
|Vitamin B1||0.04 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.02 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin A||22 IU|
|Vitamin E||0.15 mg|
Ginger recipes for weight loss
- Ground dried ginger: It can be added to water or taken in capsule form.
- Ginger detox: Ginger juice consists of fresh chopped ginger or a glass of water.
- Lemon with ginger: It is prepared by adding a little warn lemon juice to the ginger boil.
- Ginger with apple cider vinegar: By mixing them together and drink the mixture.
- Green tea with ginger: You can add ground ginger to green tea as a detox tea.
How does lemon and ginger water lose weight?
squeezed lemon has appetite-suppressing properties, in addition to containing a high amount of vitamin C,
Adding a little lemon to ginger tea or ginger drink may help you get more fluids, and this may contribute to keeping the body hydrated and feeling full for longer.
In a study, published in the Journal of Food and Dairy Sciences in 2016, in which dried lemon, ginger, and cumin were used, the results showed that adding to the food of mice led to the best effect on weight and lipids.
how to make lemon and ginger water for weight loss?
General information about the recipe of lemon and ginger water for losing weight:
Duration: 15 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Difficulty level: easy
- 4 cups of water.
- 1 piece of ginger (40g).
- One lemon (120g).
How to prepare:
- Put the warm water in a pot and leave it on the fire until it boils.
- Meanwhile, peel the ginger and grate it with a grater.
- After boiling, add the grated ginger, stir well and leave it on the fire for two minutes.
- Peel the lemon and cut it into thin slices.
- Remove the ginger tea from the heat and put the lemon slices and leave it covered for ten minutes.
When to drink lemon and ginger tea for weight loss?
Drink lemon and ginger tea in the form of tea an hour before eating or when you feel hungry. Four servings are taken daily to get good results.
Nutritional value of lemon and ginger water:
- Number of servings: 4
- Calories per serving: 17 calories
- Carbs: 4g
- Protein: 0g
- Fat: 0g
General tips for weight loss
You must burn more calories to lose excess weight. Losing weight faster does not depend only on a healthy diet, but it is related to a healthy and continuous lifestyle. People who lose weight gradually and steadily (about 0.5-1 kg per day) week) are more successful in managing weight than people who lose weight quickly. Here are some tips that help lose weight:
- Eat a variety of plant foods at each meal, including fruits and vegetables; Where it is recommended to fill at least half of the plate with vegetables, and fill a quarter with whole grains, and the other quarter with a protein source, this helps you get rid of belly fat.
- Eat meals regularly, especially breakfast, and snacks, because skipping these meals can lead to overeating later in the day.
- Eat your favorite high-calorie foods; Like sweets, but fewer times, and in smaller quantities, as it is not recommended to get rid of them completely.
- eating foods rich in fiber. they are carbohydrates that cannot be digested in the small intestine, including plenty of fiber in the food can help increase satiety and fullness, which may aid lose weight.
- not to miss breakfast; As skipping breakfast will not help with weight losing, A person may miss out on essential nutrients, and may end up eating more snacks throughout the day as a result of feeling hungry.
- Eat protein for breakfast, as protein can help regulate appetite hormones, and help you feel full, and good options for a protein-rich breakfast are eggs, oats, butter, nuts, and seeds.
- drink enough water. many people rely on calorie-packed drinks to quench their thirst, including sugary drinks; Such as soft drinks, coffee, or tea with milk. One of the easiest ways to reduce calorie consumption is to rely on water retention as the main drink for body cleansing throughout the day to boost your metabolism.
- As the main advice, exercise; Experts recommend 30 minutes of physical activity 5-7 days a week can help you lose weight, and walking, jogging, dancing, cycling, and swimming are good forms of physical activity.