Thyme tea is one of the most important recipes used to lose weight due to the high nutritional value of thyme. In this article, we will discuss how to prepare and use the thyme tea recipe, and other benefits of this wonderful plant.
Thyme is a perennial herbaceous plant, ranging in length from 25-30 cm, and its stems are gray in color tend to redness, while its leaves are green in color and tend to be solid, and its head is flowering at the top of its branches, the plant grows in summer in the countries of the Mediterranean White Basin, and has a spicy taste silky and at the end of it cooler, And it smells special. The most important oils that enter the formation of thyme include thymol oil, Carvacrol, and Pennine.
There are more than 400 varieties of thyme, which belongs to the mint family, used by the ancient Egyptians in mummification and used by the Greeks as incense, and has been involved in the preparation of many dishes from ancient times to the present day.
Thyme has a very high nutritional value in treating many of the health problems that affect humans because it contains a variety of vitamins, proteins, and minerals, and as a result, it is a herb used in slimming and eliminating excess weight in the body.
The nutritional value of thyme:
|Vitamin C||160.1 mg|
|Vitamin B 1||0.048 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.471 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.824 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.348 mg|
|Vitamin A||4751 IN|
How does thyme tea help you to lose weight?
Thyme contains compounds and oils, especially thymol oil, which promotes the process of dissolving fat, especially in the abdominal area, in addition to antioxidants, acids that prevent oxidation and accumulation of fat by releasing them and eliminating them by sweating or by putting them as waste, as well as containing thyme various vitamins Vitamin b,c, which promotes digestive health, as well as dietary fiber that slows digestion and gives a feeling of satiety.
It also helps to increase urination so thyme saves the body from existing toxins by putting it with urine, and also saves the body from water retention that causes many health problems.
Thyme tea preparation:
- 2 tablespoons dry thyme.
- The amount of two cups of water.
- 1/2 cup lemon or kiwi pieces.
- Bring a metal bowl or kettle, put the water and thyme on the fire and bring to a boil and leave to cool.
- Drain the water and add it to the lemon or kiwi, and mix until smooth.
- Keep this mixture in a bottle, put it in the fridge, and drink the mixture before bed instead of dinner, and you should not drink or eat anything after it.
- To speed up the slimming result we must exercise (walking) for half an hour per day, the results will appear after two weeks.
General benefits of thyme:
There are many benefits to thyme because of its essential oils, antioxidants, and many other ingredients,
Its most important benefits are:
- It may lower blood pressure, heart rate in people with high blood pressure, lower cholesterol levels, and when using thyme instead of salt when eating, it lowers the pressure.
- The extracted oil from its leaves is used to stop coughing, as it relieves the symptoms of acute bronchitis by mixing it with ivy extract, and can mix thyme leaves with tea and drink it.
- Treat sore throat and cough problems.
- The immune system is enhanced by its high content of vitamins A and C, which fight colds and segregate the body from poison and free radicals.
- It protects against mold formation inside the house because of its content of thymol compound, which also gets rid of pests, insects, mosquitoes, bacteria, viruses, as well as rats and mice, and can be used by mixing four drops of oil Combine with a teaspoon of olive oil, or mix five drops of thyme oil with approximately 50ml of water, and use it as a home cleaner.
- Cleanses and sneezes of the mouth, as well as some toothpaste, gurgling fluids, and mouthwashes.
Thyme oil adjusts mood, positively affects nervous system activity by calming nerves and giving people a positive feeling.
- Acne and blisters are treated because of their antibacterial properties and contain the active benzoyl peroxide compound, which is used in the manufacture of many creams and facial lotions for people with acne problems.
- It may protect against colon and breast cancer by eliminating cancer cells and disrupting the functioning of the genes responsible for their formation, especially in the case of breast cancer.
- It treats the common thrush that affects the mouth and vagina.
- Helps treat and prevent eczema, as well as many skin problems.
- Thyme oil maintains the health of the heart due to the active properties it contains and strengthens and controls the functioning of the heart by maintaining the functioning of valves, arteries, and veins properly.
- Treats arthritis and pain resulting from it.
- Stimulates the degenerative menstrual blood due to hormonal disorders affecting women, and regulates the menstrual cycle in women, which relieves symptoms of depression, fatigue, lower abdominal pain, nausea associated with delayed menstrual blood, thyme helps produce estrogen, and delayed menopause.
Other recipes for thyme tea:
Thyme and orange:
Wash a handful of thyme leaves and soak them in a large cup of boiling water, then put them in a blender bowl with half a cup of orange juice and peels, and mix the material until we get the juice, drink once in the morning and once in the evening. Oranges can be dispensed with Coconuts.
Thyme and onions:
Put in a large cup of boiling water two tablespoons of dry thyme leaves, slices of onion, leave it soaked for about an hour, and boil it on low heat for several minutes, filter the tea and drink a small cup of it three times a day before meal, repeat the recipe for twenty days Until we get the guaranteed result.
Thyme and green tea:
Put in a small pot a spoonful of each: thyme leaves, cinnamon, ginger, cumin, pomegranate peel, a tablespoon of green tea, knead the material together until we get a coherent dough, then form them into small tablets and put them in the freezer, eat a piece, fifteen minutes before meals.
REFERENCES & RESOURCES: