Lighten dark knees are important things for women, especially those with brown skin because dark knees usually cause embarrassment and sometimes force them to wear long clothes or not to enjoy summer clothes. So we’ll talk in this article about diagnosing the causes of the problem and its appropriate solutions.
The problem of dark knees in women appears frequently, forcing them to hide this defect by wearing long clothes and depriving them of summer clothes, the dark knees and the difference in color from the rest of the body due to the constant lack of interest in this area, as the skin is thicker in it and has folds More than the surrounding skin, the knee area does not contain greasy glands, which makes knees drier than the surrounding areas, and there are other reasons why knees are dark, such as frequent direct exposure to sunlight, accumulation of dead skin, and other causes.
Let’s find out exactly what these reasons are.
Reasons for Dark Knees:
There are a variety of causes that lead to the appearance of a dark knee, including:
- Genetic causes, where genetics play an important role in creating a dark color on the knees and other areas of the body, especially people with dark skin, are more likely to develop these dark spots.
- Frequent friction, the body protects and adapts itself, were when exposed to friction in a certain part of the body it forms an additional thick layer of skin to protect the sensitive internal dermis layer from damage, resulting in the accumulation of dead skin, which is characterized by its dark color.
- Frequent exposure to sunlight, which darkens the color of the dead cells accumulated on the knees.
- Dirt, which is a major cause of darker knees and other areas of the body such as elbows, are earthy particles that can accumulate over time and are absorbed by the layers of dead skin, which form to protect the skin from friction.
- Dry skin, the skin becomes more likely to receive pollutants in the air when it is dry or not hydrated properly, and dry skin increases the rate of cell decay and death quickly, which accelerates the appearance of blackness and dark color on the knees.
- Take certain medications, affecting the color of your knees and making them darker.
- Some diseases such as obesity and Addison syndrome.
- Hormonal disorders that affect the color of the skin and knees in particular.
- Hyperpigmentation of the skin.
- The activity of the chromosomal cells in the knee area and other areas such as the elbows.
Recipes for lightening and whitening knees:
There are many different ways to knees lighten, including the use of creams or the use of chemicals, but the most important and easiest is the use of recipes made up of natural ingredients and its side effect is non-existent and its results are excellent and fast.
White vinegar and lemon juice:
1/2 cup lemon juice,
A tablespoon of rose water,
3 tablespoons white vinegar,
One glass of water.
How to prepare and use:
Mix the ingredients well together, then put a amount of mixture on a cloth, put on the knees, leave for two hours, and the cloth can be wet whenever it dried, then the piece is removed from the knees and is washed well and dried and put the humidifier on them, and this mixture is repeated daily for a week to get the desired results.
Lemon and olive oil:
This mixture helps to lighten the knees and prevent dryness, due to the presence of sugar and salt, while lemon softens and lightens the skin, and olive oil makes it softer and whiter.
Ingredients: 1/2 teaspoon sugar, half teaspoon of coarse salt, half lemon, 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Preparation and use: Mix the ingredients well together, then put the mixture on the knees and leave for 30-40 minutes, then rub the area well, repeating it two to three times a week.
Olive oil and sugar:
This recipe eliminates dead skin cells, reduces friction, and moisturizes the skin efficiently.
Ingredients: 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Preparation and use: Mix the ingredients well together, then put the mixture on the knees, rub with gentle circular movements for 5 minutes, then leave on the knees for no more than 10 minutes, then wash the knees with warm water and soap.
Ingredients: 1 tablespoon baking soda, 1/4 cup of water.
Preparation and use: Mix a small amount of water with baking soda well, then put the mixture on the knees with gentle circular movements, then wash the knees with water and dry well, and then put a moisturizer such as vaseline or coconut oil or olive oil, and repeat it once every two or three days, When the area improves, it is recommended to put the mixture on the knees once a week.
Coconut oil is an effective home remedy to get rid of the darkening of the knees, as it contains vitamin “E”, which helps to avoid dehydration and lighten ingests of the skin, and helps repair damaged skin and dark spots.
Its uses are as follows:
- Massage coconut oil on your knees after a bath for a minute or two, repeating it several times a day to prevent dehydration.
- Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with a teaspoon of coconut oil, then rub the knees with this mixture, leave it for 15-20 minutes, wipe it with water or paper towels, repeat it once a day.
- Mix a tablespoon of walnut powder and some coconut, mix them together until the dough thick, then place it on the knees to peel dead skin cells or dark skin patches, and should do so two or three times a week, regularly.
Turmeric is one of the most natural substances recommended to be used to lighten knees and elbows, giving the skin freshness and maintaining the color of the skin.
Ingredients: Equal amounts of turmeric, flour, and rose water.
Preparation and use: Mix the ingredients well together, then put the mixture on the knees with the massage, leave to dry the mixture, then wash the knees with lukewarm water, dry well, repeat daily for a week or more.
Cucumber has the properties of whitening dark areas of the body such as elbows and knees, as well as moisturizing the skin and removing impurities from it.
Ingredients: One cucumber.
Preparation and use: Cut the cucumbers into thick slices, then place the slice on the knee, rub gently for 10 minutes, then leave for another 5 minutes, then wash the knee with cold water, repeating it daily for best results.
How to avoid dark knees?
Here are some tips to keep the knees white and light…
- Be careful to use sunscreen regularly before going out of the house.
- Be sure to use the Skin moisturizers after bathing to reduce dryness and friction.
- Rub the knees with a pumice stone to remove dead skin cells.
- Use a peeling brush or loofa in the shower.
- Put olive oil on the knees before going to sleep, leaving it for a whole night to soften and whiten the skin.
- Every night, vaseline is placed on the knee for a few weeks, covering it with an old cross-cut to the tip of the fingers to make it easier for it to enter the knee area.
- Use moisturizers containing butter, jojoba oil, cocoa butter or coconut oil before going to sleep, to prevent darkening.
- Be sure to rub the knee area gently and gently, so that the skin is not stimulated to produce additional new cells, and peeling is recommended 2-3 times a week.
- Be sure to use natural creams instead of those that contain chemicals.
- Drink plenty of water to detoxify the body.
- Reduce sugar, bread, cereals, energy drinks, and soft drinks.
- Make sure you don’t lean on because it makes them dark.
- Keep the knees covered, so as to restore moisture and prevent it from drying out.
- Be sure to do a skin test before applying the previous recipes, to make sure you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients.
REFERENCES & RESOURCES: